Inscrit en Aug 2016

118 message(s)
30 November 2018
Oh come on not this again.
Dfner
Inscrit en Feb 2018

604 message(s)
30 November 2018
The thing is, buying "just the cards I want" is not that easy to achieve.

If you wanted to have the Alyssia Kent's Black Friday Card, you most likely would have had to buy some cards you didn't want. And if you didn't want to buy those "extra" cards, you would have missed the Alyssia Kent card, so you wouldn't have bought all the cards you wanted... To get all the cards we want, it seems we need to buy a bunch of cards we didn't. I'm okay with that as long it is with these special occasions - 1-2 times a year.
Khan91
Inscrit en Aug 2016

118 message(s)
30 November 2018
Last year most of the weekend cards ended up being released on Monday because their servers would glitch and there would be no one on duty to fix the issue. Was really hoping we wouldn't see Advent Calendar again. Also making cards exclusive and only gettable if you buy a bundle is a really bad business practice imo. I shouldn't be ***** to buy 5 cards I don't want just to get access to the one I want. I will not partake in this, and this puts me off from buying credits in the future.
TheEmu
Inscrit en Jul 2012

3309 message(s)
30 November 2018
@Khan91

I shouldn't be ***** to buy 5 cards I don't want just to get access to the one I want.

You are not ***** to do any such thing - you can choose to do it or you can choose not too. At the most it means that for you the the special card is, in effect, rather expensive but it is up to you to decide as to whether the extra expense is justified or not. For some it will not be, for some it will, and for some it is no expense at all.
Khan91
Inscrit en Aug 2016

118 message(s)
30 November 2018
You are not ***** to do any such thing - you can choose to do it or you can choose not too.

I am, in effect *****. The idea behind having different models is that not every one has the same likes/dislikes. I am free to pick whatever card I want and buy, normally. But if you are making it compulsory to buy 5 different cards just to get access to one, you are in effect ******* the customer to buy them. ******* them to buy them to get access to the card they want.
Marven
Inscrit en Sep 2017

35 message(s)
30 November 2018
Last year I was fairly new to iStripper and didn't get the advent calender, in hindsight I should have gotten it.... so this year to avoid that, I bought the advent calender right away! looking forward to open the new show every day!
Amelly
Inscrit en Jan 2008

376 message(s)
30 November 2018
@TheEmu

You are not ***** to do any such thing - you can choose to do it or you can choose not too. At the most it means that for you the the special card is, in effect, rather expensive but it is up to you to decide as to whether the extra expense is justified or not. For some it will not be, for some it will, and for some it is no expense at all.

Your reasoning is erroneous.
I bought the calendar last year and we pay for all the cards (24 + 1 exclusive).
And not for the cards we want or don't want.

So what @Khan91 says is correct.
Ironman79
Inscrit en Dec 2010

437 message(s)
30 November 2018
Ok as much as i might not want all 24 cards there is a girl that just happens to be one of my favorite performers on IS and i REALLY want all her shows so...

Does anybody have any ideas who/what the card is?

On a side note i ***** that Boni's cards are going to be included in this, it's going to ***** her score rating like it did with Luna last year.
TheEmu
Inscrit en Jul 2012

3309 message(s)
30 November 2018
I strongly disagree - NOBODY is being ***** to do anything. They may have decided that they do not want to pay the extra price but that is their decision. They may not like having to make an extra decision over and above "do I want this card", but that is all it is, an extra decision.
Regulus
Inscrit en Nov 2016

239 message(s)
30 November 2018
Have a great weekend.
Enjoy the snow.
Khan91
Inscrit en Aug 2016

118 message(s)
30 November 2018
Ok as much as i might not want all 24 cards there is a girl that just happens to be one of my favorite performers on IS and i REALLY want all her shows so...

Does anybody have any ideas who/what the card is?

On a side note i ***** that Boni's cards are going to be included in this, it's going to ***** her score rating like it did with Luna last year.

If I was to make a guess, I think it's Ginebra Belluci's Make a Wish card. It's a non-XXX card, and going by how non-XXX are released before XXX, that should have been released by now, since 2 of Ginebra's XXX cards are already released.
Khan91
Inscrit en Aug 2016

118 message(s)
30 November 2018
I strongly disagree - NOBODY is being ***** to do anything. They may have decided that they do not want to pay the extra price but that is their decision. They may not like having to make an extra decision over and above "do I want this card", but that is all it is, an extra decision.

I am not paying extra for the card I want, I am paying for 5 cards that I don't want to get a card that I want. I would gladly pay extra for a special event card, but I am going to be tricked into buying 5 (or whatever) cards that I don't want just to be able to get the one that I want.
CwHart
Inscrit en Jan 2014

87 message(s)
30 November 2018
Even though I dislike this, TheEmu is right. No one is being ***** to do anything. Its a matter of if you let your compultion get the better of you or not
Ironman79
Inscrit en Dec 2010

437 message(s)
30 November 2018 (edited)
@CwHart compulsion and addiction, to this product & women lol

@Khan91 i'm thinking the same thing, Just really need to know for sure lol
Marven
Inscrit en Sep 2017

35 message(s)
30 November 2018
@Amelly and @Khan91

You are required to buy the other cards as well, if you want, but I'd say that's far from being *****.
It's an exclusive card, by definiton this means it has to have some form of limited availabilty, that's what makes it more valuable to have.
And if you ask me, it's part of the fun and part of the reward in owning it.

But if you feel ***** to buy the other cards just to get the exclusive one, by that logic, do you then also feel ***** to buy a whole card just to get the clip(s) you like? or the whole clip(s) just to get the bit you like in the clip? Where does it end? 😉

Sorry if that's exaggerating a bit, but I can't follow the logic of being ***** to buy the cards.
Spaceregent
Inscrit en Nov 2018

11 message(s)
30 November 2018
I filled in the credits before ordering the Advent calendar. The credits were not deducted. When will that happen?
TheEmu
Inscrit en Jul 2012

3309 message(s)
30 November 2018
On thinking it over it would, perhaps, be reasonable to claim that you are ***** to make a choice.

Marven
Inscrit en Sep 2017

35 message(s)
30 November 2018
@Spaceregent
Have you tried to Synchronize with servers?
You can find that in the settings menu on the top.
DukeNukem
Inscrit en Dec 2008

71 message(s)
30 November 2018
I bought the Calendar, it says that I will receive a show a day early starting from dec 1st.
Does that mean I get to open one today (released tomorrow for everyone )or tomorrow?
Spaceregent
Inscrit en Nov 2018

11 message(s)
30 November 2018
Thanks Marven, now it look right. Have all a nice week and a lot of fun! 👍
annhwi
Inscrit en Mar 2008

18 message(s)
30 November 2018
I have to disagree with the concept of the exclusive card being "more valuable"... as that would imply that there is an avenue of redeeming said value, which there is not (as cards are non-transferable / tradeable).

In essense, the advent calendar is a 23 show tax for the 24th show. I won't say the 24th show wouldn't be nice to have, but it IS a pretty hefty price to pay for the priviledge. While I would agree, no one is ***** us to pay this tax outright, it is a pretty strong deterrent for me.

I would also say that the overall quality of the shows does make this a tougher choice than in years past.
dar2112v
Inscrit en Dec 2007

433 message(s)
30 November 2018
or you the the special card is, in effect, rather expensive but it is up to you to decide as to whether the extra expense is justified

Dude it's not the money - it taints the experience. I've got 1000 credits on hand and would have more but passed on a second reload offer becuase of the bad taste the last exclusive offer.

Collectors are choosy. Hoarders buy everything. Since it's Totems goal to sell you things you dont want maybe next year they can find 25 guys for the advent calender. I'm sure the hoarders will be lining up for it no matter the offer.

As for me, I'm not making any purchases until this bad taste goes away which I'm sure will be January at the earliest.
TheEmu
Inscrit en Jul 2012

3309 message(s)
@annhwi - a ***** correction, the offer is for a 25th card after buying the first 24. A slightly more major point is that although I am not one of them I realise that there may be some people who do value the exclusivity of the card, though not in monetary terms - value is not the same as price or cost.
annhwi
Inscrit en Mar 2008

18 message(s)
30 November 2018
point taken on the number of cards...
annhwi
Inscrit en Mar 2008

18 message(s)
30 November 2018
I even have to be fair in saying that not all 24 cards would be part of the "tax" as I would have gotten them regardless of the deal.
annhwi
Inscrit en Mar 2008

18 message(s)
30 November 2018
Maybe if there was a full listing of the 24 cards... at least people would have a better idea of how many cards would be part of the "tax" and make a better determination of tax vs. value of the exclusive card. (and a listing of the exclusive card itself... although I think this has been speculated earlier in this thread)

TheEmu
Inscrit en Jul 2012

3309 message(s)
30 November 2018
@annhwi - If you look at the details of the offer you will see that, as was the case last year, you can wait until the 24th before deciding whether or not to pay the "tax". All you will lose out on is getting the cards one day early.
Klaken
Inscrit en May 2009

15 message(s)
@DukeNukem
I bought the Calendar, it says that I will receive a show a day early starting from dec 1st.
Does that mean I get to open one today (released tomorrow for everyone )or tomorrow?

That means :
on dec 1st you'll find the dec 2nd show in slot #1 of the calendar
on dec 2nd you'll find the dec 3rd show in slot #2 of the calendar
on dec 24th you'll find the dec 25th show in slot #24 of the calendar
on dec 25th you'll find the Xmas exclusive card in slot #25 of the calendar
HombreSinSombra
Inscrit en Oct 2010

1249 message(s)
30 November 2018
TheEmu, as nearly always makes perfect sense.

Serious collectors who own every card anyway will enjoy the 'fun' of getting the cards a day early and the bonus exclusive one at the end.

Others might enjoy the trip thru December in the same way. You can wait until 24th December to decide if you want the bonus card or not, depending on how many of the daily cards you don't really want.

As we discussed last year (to DEATH), it's a promotion that peeps with every available, purchasable card in their collection can take part in. NOBODY has to take part and can treat the whole month just like any other month. The exclusive bonus card may not even be a great one and not to everyone's taste.

Peeps talk about these exclusive cards like their life is over if they can't get them. Seriously??? Just treat them like another card you probably wouldn't like and move on. No big deal, guys and gals.

You guys who moan so much about this kind of stuff. Yeah, you're anonymous and can do it because there are no come-backs in the real world but think for a minute what other members and friends HERE might think about you...
Ho-hum, so and so is at it again. He/she is getting really boring. Time to scratch them off my friend list methinks...

That's all of my 2 cents worth this year on this topic. 😕

jununger
Inscrit en Oct 2007

1250 message(s)
30 November 2018
Well.. I love it! 😍

More cards to my collection, and at a discount... I'm a happy camper 👍

Cheers!

Vous n'êtes pas encore autorisé à participer

En tant qu'utilisateur gratuit de iStripper, vous n'êtes pas autorisé à répondre sur le forum ou à créer de nouveau sujet.
Vous pouvez cependant consulter les catégories de bases et commencer à découvrir notre communauté !