model cards being withdrawn

Forum / Tout sur iStripper

stevenshm
Inscrit en Dec 2007

59 message(s)
8 December 2018
I was just thinking with the models withdrawing the right to show their shows they were paid for
isn't that a breach of contract? did they pay the money back to you and couldn't you fine them?
Dfner
Inscrit en Feb 2018

604 message(s)
8 December 2018
This is a good point, but it, in itself, can't be a breach of contract because the models themselves have no way of withdrawing the shows from Totem's servers.

The way I see it is that those women have requested their shows to be taken off the inventory and Totem has agreed to do that. Perhaps some money has changed hands when agreeing to this request.

I have seen people commenting these withdrawals as being made for "legal reasons". Either the contracts were somehow time-limited or they contained a clause for the performer to have the right to have their shows removed under some conditions.

Otherwise I can't see Totem being in any legal obligation to remove them, but it is in my opinion at least a decent thing to do, if the model really wants to cut her "adult industry past" when inclusion in iStripper is a major part in it. For some more established ex adult stars removing content from iStripper alone wouldn't have much effect generally...

But I know nothing of the facts related to this, just speculating...

HombreSinSombra
Inscrit en Oct 2010

1249 message(s)
8 December 2018
This has all been explained before. The first model to ask to be removed battled it out in court and it was expensive for Totem. They agreed to remove all the model's cards and images from their software and website. It's cheaper to just do as the models' requests than fight each case again. Some other models changed careers or started a family and left with Totem's and OUR blessing.

All of this is well documented if you care to do a search here 😒
Dfner
Inscrit en Feb 2018

604 message(s)
8 December 2018 (edited)
Thanks for the info @HombreSinSombra.

I hope current contracts between models and Totem are formulated in a way that such court cases are avoided as much as possible in the future.
HombreSinSombra
Inscrit en Oct 2010

1249 message(s)
8 December 2018 (edited)
Well, when a model signs her model release form, it should be an iron-clad guarantee for using her images however the contract stipulates.

Then something changes and the model wants out of the contract. The only winners are the lawyers 😢

Fortunately, this is very rare and to my knowledge has happened with only 5 models to date. No doubt it will happen again in the future 😭
lustamuck
Inscrit en Aug 2009

3 message(s)
8 December 2018
Just out of curiousity, was one of those models Divine?
HombreSinSombra
Inscrit en Oct 2010

1249 message(s)
8 December 2018
Yep.

Camilla, Divine, Miss Roxx, Priscilia Jones and Alizee. 😭
muttonjeff
Inscrit en Nov 2008

638 message(s)
8 December 2018 (edited)
Note... if you had already purchased any of these shows, Totem will not delete them from your collection. but the card image will be blank. It can be replaced (do a search)
However, if you delete or lose any of them, you will be unable to reaquire it from the Totem servers.
SO BACKUP NOW.. I lost my Alizee collection some time ago when my HD crashed. Now i keep a usb backup

Just saying...
HombreSinSombra
Inscrit en Oct 2010

1249 message(s)
8 December 2018
I believe we can still download already purchased Alizee's cards. In fact I had to on this new laptop a couple of weeks ago. A while ago, if you had bought Miss Roxx's cards you could still download them but no idea if that's changed.

The rest, as far as I know are gone for good. 😧

dar2112v
Inscrit en Dec 2007

433 message(s)
9 December 2018
Then something changes and the model wants out of the contract. The only winners are the lawyers

I would think that would depend on the forethought put into the original agreement. admittedly, I don't know that for sure as I'm not a lawyer and don't know much about US laws and courts and nothing of those in France.

I am willing to bet that problem is behind us at this point.

I keep Divine in the cloud backup as she is probably the reason I joined VG/IS in the first place. Even 'Super Cop' with the really bad hair and makeup but I keep that one turned off. I think I lost a couple of the Camilla cards in a HD crash but haven't bothered to ask for credits as it was many many years ago and If I do happen to have them backed up somewhere I just as soon keep them.
stevenshm
Inscrit en Dec 2007

59 message(s)
9 December 2018
I really wanted the pricilia jones shows!
HombreSinSombra
Inscrit en Oct 2010

1249 message(s)
9 December 2018
Absolutely NOT from Totem.
SpaveInvader
Inscrit en Oct 2010

919 message(s)
9 December 2018
@gkar45
No way.

@stevenshm
and i want to win the lottery.
stevenshm
Inscrit en Dec 2007

59 message(s)
9 December 2018
Ha! a lottery win would be nice
nevermind people always want what they cant get including me
and Priscilia Jones is one of those things

Although im aware as the great lemmy said the chase is better than the catch!!

Vous n'êtes pas encore autorisé à participer

En tant qu'utilisateur gratuit de iStripper, vous n'êtes pas autorisé à répondre sur le forum ou à créer de nouveau sujet.
Vous pouvez cependant consulter les catégories de bases et commencer à découvrir notre communauté !