Filtering Cards

Forum / Tout sur iStripper

Dorsai6
Inscrit en Apr 2013

1024 message(s)
15 February 2019
I'm working on some rather significant changes to my Playlist Generator. My goal is to make it easier to use. This work was triggered by some suggestions from @ArchFeral in:
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/40854
Tout sur iStripper / iStripper Playlist Manager from Dorsai6
With Totem's authorization, I'm now releasing my iStripper Playlist Generator for public use. This program allows you to: 1. Tag cards and clips with your own tags. 2. Create playlists by filtering on...
One of his comments was that the current filter is too hard to understand. He's right. So, I'm trying to make it better.

First some background. What is now the Playlist generator started as an AppleScript that created an Excel spreadsheet I used to inventory my card collection and search for cards. I wasn't happy with the limitations of the capabilities built into iStripper. Then I decided that I really wanted the ability to add my own tags to cards, and more importantly to clips. So, I created an Access database. At first I created custom queries to find the cards and clips I wanted. Then I created the current tag-based filter logic as a powerful quick-and-dirty solution. Later, based on requests from beta testers I added the ability to filter on continuous variables like rating and playtime, but these were afterthoughts.

As you can see, this all just grew and, until now, I never stood back and asked myself, is there a better way? My initial concept of use was to tag cards and clips as they played and later search my collection based on those tags. Much later I added the ability to tag cards and clips in groups based on other tags. This last was a potential game changer, but I only just realized that. Now that I can tag cards based on a filter, each filter doesn't need to be as complex with regard to selecting cards. Now you can use simple filters to tag cards and use additional filters based on those new tags to get what you want.

Attached is an image of a prototype for a new card filter. This filter works with both the tags and all continuous variables that describe a card. The tags default to OR logic, but you can change the include threshold to the point that it becomes an AND filter. Ranges provide both a greater than and a less than test and are ignored when the field is null.

This form has much more on it than the current filter, but I think it will be easier to use.

Comments and suggestions are encouraged and welcome.

Vous n'êtes pas encore autorisé à participer

En tant qu'utilisateur gratuit de iStripper, vous n'êtes pas autorisé à répondre sur le forum ou à créer de nouveau sujet.
Vous pouvez cependant consulter les catégories de bases et commencer à découvrir notre communauté !