Any news on the VR tab?

Forum / Tout sur iStripper

wtprivate
Inscrit en Jul 2017

204 message(s)
19 April 2019
Updated to the latest version of the iStripper client, and was excited to see a "VR" tab at the top next to "Live Girls".

But, alas, clicking on it gives the dreaded "Coming soon" text. :(

@celine @Rex: Any news on when this feature will be available, please?

Looking forward to what's next!
wtprivate
Inscrit en Jul 2017

204 message(s)
19 April 2019 (edited)
Yes. I'm intimately involved in supporting VR Paradise as a moderator on Steam.

Curious that the tab has been released without content. Hopefully the wait isn't too long.

The Achievements tab on Profile has been "coming soon" for like, 2 or more years now... I hope this doesn't ***** a similar fate.
celine
ÉQUIPE
Inscrit en Sep 2007

1642 message(s)
19 April 2019
Some VR content will be released next week guys, regularly followed by new videos...
you won't believe your eyes, I can tell you... :-P

Have a nice Easter weekend !
Stay tuned and make the best of the reload bonus in the meantime :-P
Chicsans
Inscrit en Jul 2009

770 message(s)
19 April 2019
Probably the VR content behind the tab will require some special equipment to use. I would expect that a good binocular vision is also needed. I think that I will feel some jealousy for the people that can see the content.😕
wtprivate
Inscrit en Jul 2017

204 message(s)
22 April 2019
Thanks @Celine! That's great to hear.

@Chicsans: In case you didn't know already, you don't need an expensive VR headset to experience VR. In fact, you can do it for under $50 if you already have a smartphone.

1. Download Riftcat Vridge, Kino VR, Airlight VR or similar ($15-20)
2. Purchase a smartphone VR holder ($15-20)
3. Set up and install, using your smartphone as the VR screen

While it's not as good or perfect as Oculus, Vive or Windows MR, it is a good compromise for those on a budget.

Hopefully, this will suit a lot of existing iStripper users - so you guys and gals don't miss out on all the fun.

I can tell you from personal experience - VR 180 stereoscopic videos and VR content will blow your mind. It really feels like you're right there in the action.

I've suggested to the team that they publish a "how to" video or instructions for this kind of smartphone setup soon - as I imagine it will be cheap enough for people to at least have a go at what it's like.

But be warned - once you have experienced it for yourself, you will start to want a real VR headset! :D

bommel97
Inscrit en May 2008

70 message(s)
22 April 2019
Thanks @Celine! That's great to hear.@Chicsans: In case you didn't know already, you don't need an expensive VR headset to experience VR. In fact, you can do it for under $50 if you already have a smartphone.1. Download Riftcat Vridge, Kino VR, Airlight VR or similar ($15-20)2. Purchase a smartphone VR holder ($15-20)3. Set up and install, using your smartphone as the VR screenWhile it's not as good or perfect as Oculus, Vive or Windows MR, it is a good compromise for those on a budget.Hopefully, this will suit a lot of existing iStripper users - so you guys and gals don't miss out on all the fun.I can tell you from personal experience - VR 180 stereoscopic videos and VR content will blow your mind. It really feels like you're right there in the action.I've suggested to the team that they publish a "how to" video or instructions for this kind of smartphone setup soon - as I imagine it will be cheap enough for people to at least have a go at what it's like.But be warned - once you have experienced it for yourself, you will start to want a real VR headset! :D

hey super tip with Riftcat! I can finally play VR Paradise! Without expensive VR glasses!
wtprivate
Inscrit en Jul 2017

204 message(s)
24 April 2019
Yes, @bommel97. I posted about it on the Steam forums a while back when the latest version (0.084) was released.

This latest version enables keyboard, mouse and game pad controls and should now be fully compatible with these "smartphone" style solutions.

Of course, you'll also be able to use this method for the VR content here on iStrippper as well ... plus many other uses in games, experiences and videos.
Marcelml1979
Inscrit en Nov 2007

44 message(s)
25 April 2019
I don't wanna *****, But i've bought the April Card pack and now i see that i need to buy VR Cards ? arent they supposed to be in the April deal since they are released in April ?
stefnev1
MODÉRATEUR
Inscrit en Jul 2008

4445 message(s)
25 April 2019
@Marcelml1979
No, VR is separated from the normal cards, the April pack is only for normal released.
TheEmu
Inscrit en Jul 2012

3309 message(s)
25 April 2019
@Marcelml1979 - the VR vids are not "cards"
Optimal
Inscrit en Jan 2018

64 message(s)
25 April 2019
Ah, I understand now... They are VR videos, and not VR clips that are packaged like the scenes within an iStripper card.
Spling83
Inscrit en Dec 2018

20 message(s)
26 April 2019
Cool, I just noticed the VR Banner about the first VR clips are available now (by the way, if you click in the banner but nothing happens -> update your iStripper)

I'm already curious about the quality of the VR production. Because there is a huge noticeable gap between content created by studios that know what they do and studios that just create VR content. But I expect Totem is counting to the first mentioned group, which they already proof with VR Paradise.

But as luck would have it, just 2 days ago, I sent in my headset for repair, due to some controller issues. So I will have to wait few weeks before I can test it.

@Totem, two things I noticed quickly by now -> On the How To page, there is missing WMR (Windows Mixed Reality) in the compatible devices listing and also the HowTo description.
While on the File Download Section it is mentioned, but actually you name it wrong as Windows Augmented Reality instead of Mixed Reality.

While on the DeoVR Webpage you can't see that it is compatible with Windows Mixed Reality, if you check DeoVR on Steam it is. And I use this player since a while, it was the best on the market (for my personal opinion), when I checked some months ago.
Wyldanimal
MODÉRATEUR
Inscrit en Mar 2008

3753 message(s)
26 April 2019
VR-180 videos are pretty Much Universal..
Whats Different are the Resolution and Aspect Ratio.
And it also Depends on the Playback Software.
That's more of the Controlling Factor. Can your Software deal with the Video Format.

So, While there are Different Headset Downloads...
All you really need is to Download the Resolution for your Headset.

For the PSVR, there is an Encoder Setting that's Important.
Because of the PS4 Software App that Plays the Video.
It's Fussy about the Encoder settings used.

rixyfida
Inscrit en Jan 2008

5 message(s)
29 April 2019
I use Mermaid VR to watch VR show with HTC VIVE on Win10.
Tell me any other VR player?
wtprivate
Inscrit en Jul 2017

204 message(s)
29 April 2019
Deo VR is one of the better ones, in my view.

Vous n'êtes pas encore autorisé à participer

En tant qu'utilisateur gratuit de iStripper, vous n'êtes pas autorisé à répondre sur le forum ou à créer de nouveau sujet.
Vous pouvez cependant consulter les catégories de bases et commencer à découvrir notre communauté !